PPG SigmaDur 520
PPG SigmaDur 520 is a two-component, high-build semi-gloss aliphatic acrylic polyurethane finish.
PPG SigmaDur 520 (Amercoat 450SG) is a two component, an aliphatic acrylic polyurethane that supplies a decorative finish resistant to splashes of mineral and vegetable oils, paraffins, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals. Used on many areas of marine furniture due to its non-chalking, non-yellowing properties.
This is a durable product that can be used in temperatures down to -5°C and has excellent non yellowing properties. It is ideal for external areas where sunlight damage can be a concern. Not only does SigmaDur 520 resist UV light but is highly weather resistant making it ideal for use in many marine areas with harsh atmospheric conditions.
- Easy application by roller and airless spray
- Unlimited recoatable
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric exposure conditions
- Good color and gloss retention (aluminum version becomes grey)
- Non-chalking, non-yellowing
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Tough and abrasion resistant
- Resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, paraffin, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals
- Can be recoated even after long atmospheric exposure
Colour and Finish
- Full colour range
- Flat available on request for limited colours
- Air Spray
- Airless Spray
Please refer to Data Sheet for application instructions.
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapor, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
- Contains a toxic polyisocyanate curing agent
- Avoid at all times inhalation of aerosol spray mist
- Refer to the Safety Data Sheets and information on the can prior to use
- Ensure use of adequate PPE – contact us for advice
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.