Nufins Epicon Grout RT
Nufins Epicon Grout RT is a pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps over 25mm where low Exotherm is of consideration.
Pack Size: 32kg
Epicon Grout RT is based on solvent free epoxy resins, it is one of four epoxy grouts in the Epicon grout range, all of which are specified below. These grouts cover the majority of grouting and fixing applications encountered within civil engineering and the construction industry in general, where the mechanical properties must be of the highest order.
Tropical versions of the epoxy grout range are available for large pours and warmer climates. All of the grouts are designed to comply with the requirements of EN1504 Part 4.
The Epicon Grout Range
- Epicon Grout RT: A pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps over 25mm where low exotherm is of consideration.
- Epicon Grout L: A pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps 20mm to 100mm.
- Epicon Grout M: A lightly filled pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps between 5-40mm.
- Epicon Grout S: An unfilled grout for gap and crack widths between 0.25-6mm, also suitable for injection applications.
- Solvent free non-shrink system.
- No priming required.
- Chemically resistant.
- High compressive, tensile and flexural strengths.
- Rapid strength gain resulting in high bond strength.
- High dynamic load bearing tolerance.
- Excellent performance in harsh/extreme environments.
- Grouting in machinery, turbines, centrifuges etc.
- Heavy duty fixing of large elements.
- Grouting beneath heavy crane and transporter rails.
- Production of high strength bearing plinths.
Black resinous grout.
14.5 Litres approx. from one 32kg pack.
All surfaces should be free from chemical contamination, oil, grease and debris. Oil and grease must be removed. Concrete should be scarified or acid etched using Chemclean to remove any laitance. Steel surfaces should be grit blasted to remove all rust and scale. All surfaces should be free from standing water. It will be necessary to use shuttering and construct a simple hopper system to give the grout a “head” of material enabling it to flow into the void, see diagram. We would also recommend the use of a suitable release agent on the shuttering such as a silicone spray or wax polish to ease stripping once the grouting has been completed.
The entire contents of the Epicon Grout RT hardener should be thoroughly mixed with the entire contents of the Epicon Grout base. This can be carried out in the plastic bucket supplied, or in the base resin tin. The aggregate is then added to the mixed resin in the mixing vessel and thoroughly mixed till an even consistency is obtained. It is recommended that a forced action mechanical mixer be used. Alternatively a slow speed drill fitted with an appropriate paddle may be utilised, taking care not to entrain air.
When grouting into the void, the grout should be passed from one side only via a feed hopper. It is important that this is a continuous feed. Should more than one mix be required this must be carefully planned to maintain the feeding of the hopper. All equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with Nuwash.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.
There are no reviews yet.