Nufins Epicon Grout L
Nufins Epicon Grout L is a pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps 20mm to 100mm.
Pack Size: 4.5kg & 20kg
Epicon Grout L is based on solvent free epoxy resins, it is one of four epoxy grouts in the Epicon grout range, all of which are specified below. These grouts cover the majority of grouting and fixing applications encountered within civil engineering and the construction industry in general, where the mechanical properties must be of the highest order.
Tropical versions of the epoxy grout range are available for large pours and warmer climates. All of the grouts are designed to comply with the requirements of EN1504 Part 4.
The Epicon Grout Range
- Epicon Grout RT: A pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps over 25mm where low exotherm is of consideration.
- Epicon Grout L: A pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps 20mm to 100mm.
- Epicon Grout M: A lightly filled pourable grout for free flow gap grouting recommended for gaps between 5-40mm.
- Epicon Grout S: An unfilled grout for gap and crack widths between 0.25-6mm, also suitable for injection applications.
- Solvent free non-shrink system.
- No priming required.
- Chemically resistant.
- High compressive, tensile and flexural strengths.
- Rapid strength gain resulting in high bond strength.
- High dynamic load bearing tolerance.
- Excellent performance in harsh/extreme environments.
- Grouting in machinery, turbines, centrifuges etc.
- Fixing/holding down bolts, starter bars, anchors etc.
- Grouting beneath heavy crane and transporter rails.
- Production of high strength bearing plinths.
Black resinous grout.
2.2 Litres approx. from one 4.5kg pack and 10 litres from one 20kg pack.
All surfaces should be free from chemical contamination, oil, grease and debris. Oil and grease can be removed by using Desolve. Concrete should be scarified or acid etched using Chemclean to remove any laitance. Steel surfaces should be grit blasted to remove all rust and scale. All surfaces should be free from standing water. Holes should be drilled to the required depth and diameter using a rotary percussive drill and all dust and debris removed using either compressed air or a bottle brush. For grouting under machinery etc., it will be necessary to use shuttering and construct a simple hopper system to give the grout a “head” of material enabling it to flow under the machinery.
The entire contents of the Epicon Grout L hardener should be thoroughly mixed with the entire contents of the Epicon Grout base. This can be carried out in the plastic bucket supplied, or in the base resin tin for the larger packs. The aggregate is then added to the mixed resin in the mixing vessel and thoroughly mixed till an even consistency is obtained. It is recommended that a forced action mechanical mixer be used. Alternatively a slow speed drill fitted with an appropriate paddle may be utilised, taking care not to entrain air.
When pouring under machinery etc., the grout should be passed from one side only via a feed hopper. It is important that this is a continuous feed. Should more than one mix be required this must be carefully planned to maintain the feeding of the hopper. Where grout is being poured into fixing holes the grout should be poured slowly and carefully to prevent air locking. The fixing should then be slowly inserted into the resin and checked for full bonding. The fixing should be left undisturbed until the grout has cured. All equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with Nuwash.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.
There are no reviews yet.