Flexcrete Monolevel RM
Flexcrete Monolevel RM is a fibre-reinforced, waterproof, one-coat cementitious render.
Pack Size: 25kg
Colour: Concrete Grey
Flexcrete Monolevel RM is a pre-bagged, single component, fibre reinforced cementitious mortar which cures rapidly to produce a high performance, waterproof, fair-faced render.
It can be quickly applied as a one-coat render on vertical, horizontal and overhead surfaces by trowel or spray techniques. It is supplied as a single component system ready for on-site mixing and use, requiring only the addition of clean water.
- Pre-bagged, single component product which simply requires mixing with clean water to give a thixotropic mortar that can be easily and quickly applied by trowel or spray techniques.
- Cost-effective one-coat application with no need for primers.
- Polymer modified to give excellent adhesion and longterm durability in exposed external applications.
- Can be applied at thicknesses from 5-50mm in a single coat which greatly reduces application costs.
- Highly waterproof resisting 7 bar hydrostatic pressure on both the positive and negative side when applied at 10mm thickness.
- Conforms to the requirements of BS 8102:2009, the Code of Practice for Protection of Structures Against Water from the Ground, providing the optimum ‘Grade
3’ completely dry environment.
- Fibre reinforced to provide excellent tensile strength, impact strength and the ability to resist cracking.
- Dense matrix provides excellent protection from the ingress of acid gases, moisture and chlorides.
- Can be easily overcoated with Flexcrete’s specialist membranes to provide further protection and an aesthetic appearance.
14.5 litres per 25kg bag
The areas to be repaired must be free from all unsound material, i.e. dust, oil, grease, corrosion by-products and
organic growth. All loose materials and surface laitance must be removed, preferably using wet grit or water blasting techniques or equivalent approved methods.
The strength of the concrete sub-base should be a minimum of 20MPa.
The prepared substrate should be thoroughly soaked with clean water until uniformly saturated without any standing water.
Highly porous substrates should be primed with Bonding Bridge 842.
Monolevel RM should be mechanically mixed using a forced action pan mixer or in a clean drum using a slow speed drill and paddle. A normal mixer is not suitable. For normal application use from 2.3-2.7 litres of clean water per 25kg bag, depending on desired consistency. Normal mixing time depends upon the type of mixer used, 2-3 minutes is average. Use without delay.
Monolevel RM should be applied in layers not exceeding 50mm thickness using a rendering or spray technique to remove entrapped air. If necessary, support with shuttering to allow for compaction if working to reveals, etc. Care must be taken to ensure that an initial 5-10mm thickness of mortar is well placed and adhered before building up to larger depths.
For repairs which require multi-layer applications, it is important to ensure that previous layers are well keyed and stable, but not fully set (2-6 hours dependent on temperature) prior to the application of subsequent layers. Final profiling of a high quality is easily achieved with a steel float after allowing the surface to stabilise.
Normal concreting procedures should be strictly adhered to. It is important that the surface of the mortar is protected from strong sunlight and drying winds with Flexcrete Curing Membrane WB, polythene sheeting, damp hessian or similar (See separate Data Sheet for full details).
All tools should be cleaned with water immediately after use.
Materials can be stored for 12 months in dry, frost free conditions with unopened bags at 20°C.
CE-marked in accordance with EN 998-1. Suitable for use as a Category CS IV One Coat Render for External and Internal use on Walls as described in EN 998-1.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.