Rust-Oleum 7500 Alkythane
Rust-Oleum 7500 Alkythane is a high build anti-corrosion metal paint.
Pack Size: 5 litres
Single pack high performance anti-corrosion topcoat based on a urethane modified alkyd. Ideal for low temperatures (as low as 5°C). The same protection in less layers than other alkyd-systems.
- Excellent opacity and corrosion protection
- Easy to apply, excellent flow and aspect
- Extra durable because of polyurethane addition
- Available in any colour in gloss, satin or metallic finish
- Also dries at low temperatures
- Durable high-build smooth finish
- 7500 Alkythane should be applied on metal surfaces, or primers 769, 569, 1060 or 3202
- On properly primed or previously coated surfaces 7500 Alkythane offers corrosion protection in a light industrial environment
- For metal structures in a C4 environment, apply 7500 Alkythane in combination with 769 and 1060 or 1080
- Density (g/cm³): 1,07
- Gloss Level: Gloss, Metallic, Satin
- Solids content in volume: 50 – 53 %
- Heat Resistance: 90°C (dry heat), at elevated temperatures discolouration may occur
Dry Times By 20º C/RV 50%
- Touch dry: 2 hours (20°C), 3 hours (5°C), 1.5 hours (30°C)
- Dry to handle: 8 hours (20°C), 16 hours (5°C), 6 hours (30°C)
- Dry to recoat: 16 hours (20°C), 24 hours (5°C), 8 hours (30°C)
- Fully cured: 7 days (20°C), 14 days (5°C), 5 days (30°C)
Remove oil, grease and all other contamination by alkaline or high pressure (steam) cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents. Remove rust scale, loose mill scale, loose rust and loose coatings by scraping and wire brushing to St 2/3 (ISO 8501-1 : 1988), blast cleaning to Sa 2½ (ISO 8501-1 : 1988) or sanding, followed by priming with the recommended Rust-Oleum Primers. Sand previous coatings in good condition to provide a key for adhesion and check compatibility. The surface must be clean and dry during application.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.