Guard ETC is a single pack solvent-based acid-etch primer, for mixed metal surfaces.
- Pack Sizes: 5 litres
- Colours: Black, Grey, White
- Gloss Level: Matt
Guard ETC is a Polyvinyl Butyral for use on difficult metal substrates, including zinc and aluminium, to promote adhesion of subsequent coatings. Ideal where minimal preparation can be carried out onto mixed metals and alloys.
- Brush: No – Not optimised – small areas only
- Roller: No – Not optimised – small areas only
- Conventional Spray: Yes – Thin maximum 10%
- Airless Spray: Yes – Thin maximum 10%
- Air Assisted Airless Spray: No
For further information and guidance on application, please contact us.
Drying and Curing Time
- Touch Dry: 20 minutes
- Hard Dry: 1 hour
- Full Cure: 2 hours – force dry at 60-100°C for 20 minutes
- Re-coatable: 30 minutes
Drying times are based on temperatures of 20°C, lower temperatures will increase drying times. Please speak with our technical team before elevating temperatures or attempting to force cure any of our products unless already stated. Shop conditions such as having good airflow will optimise curing.
Suitable to be overcoated with most single pack products including Guard FEB and Guard SPU topcoats, or onecoat products such as Guard SCF for greater corrosion protection.
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease and other contamination before coating
- Thoroughly degrease and where applicable, abrade to remove rust and promote good adhesion of the coating
- For optimum corrosion protection, mild steel should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5
- Complex structures may be more effectively cleaned by HPWJ (high pressure water jetting)
Guard Solvent J
Guard Solvent J
To avoid the risk of spillage always store and transport in an upright secure position. Materials are hazardous and can also be flammable therefore appropriate precautionary measures must be taken including the use of gloves, glasses and recommended P.P.E in accordance with the material safety data sheets (MSDS).
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.
There are no reviews yet.