PPG SigmaCover 295
PPG SigmaCover 295 is a two-component, polyamide-cured general purpose epoxy primer for steel and galvanised steel.
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems for steel
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel
- Good flow and wetting properties
- Good water and corrosion resistance
- Suitable for touching up of weld seams and damages of epoxy coatings during construction
- Unlimited recoating intervals are possible when overcoating with epoxy coatings
- Can be overcoated with most alkyd-, chlorinated rubber-, vinyl-, epoxy- and two-component polyurethane coatings
- Suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- Compatible with well-designed cathodic protection systems
- Colours: Redbrown, Yellow/green
- Gloss level: Eggshell
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
Please contact us for suitable topcoats for PPG SigmaCover 295.
Air Spray / Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: No extra thinner is necessary.
Volume of Thinner: Up to 5% PPG Thinner 91-92 can be added if desired.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434)
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.