PPG SigmaCover 435
PPG SigmaCover 435 is a two-component, high-build, micaceous iron oxide-pigmented, polyamide-cured recoatable epoxy coating. Ideal for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions, and curable at low temperatures down to -10°C (14°F).
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose epoxy build coat or finish in protective coating systems, for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- Cures even at temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- A high relative humidity (maximum 95%) during application and curing does not influence the quality of the coating
- Good adhesion on most aged, sound alkyd, chlorinated rubber and epoxy coatings
- Can be recoated with various two-component and conventional coatings, even after long weathering periods
- Resistant to water and splash of mild chemicals
- Excellent durability
- Tough, with long-term flexibility
- Colours: Light grey (9553-05), dark grey ( 9558-05), green (9441-05), aluminium (9590-05)
- Gloss level: Eggshell
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
- PPG Sigma Vikote 46
- PPG SigmaDur 550
- PPG SigmaDur 520
- PPG Sigmarine 40
- PPG Sigmacover 435
- PPG SigmaCover 456
- Surface should be dry and free from chalking and contamination
- PPG Sigmacover 435 should not be overcoated with coal tar epoxy coatings
Please contact us for additional overcoating advice or refer to the Data Sheet for more details.
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 10 – 15% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 5 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5%
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434)
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.