PPG SigmaCover 456
PPG SigmaCover 456 is a two-component, high-build, polyamide-cured recoatable epoxy coating for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions. Anticorrosive, water and mild chemical resistant, and cures even at temperatures down to -10°C (14°F).
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose epoxy buildcoat or finish in protective coating systems, for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- Cures even at temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- A high relative humidity (maximum 95%) during application and curing does not influence the quality of the coating
- Good adhesion on most aged, sound alkyd, chlorinated rubber and epoxy coatings
- Can be recoated with various two-component and conventional coatings, even after long weathering periods
- Resistant to water and splash of mild chemicals
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Tough, with long-term flexibility
- Colours: Standard and custom colours available
- Gloss level: Semi-gloss
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
- Epoxy coatings will characteristically chalk and fade upon exposure to sunlight
- Substrate temperature during application and curing down to -10°C (14°F) is acceptable, provided the substrate is free from ice and dry
- Substrate temperature during application and curing should be at least 3°C (5°F) above dew point
- In exceptional cases SigmaCover 456 may be applied at lower substrate temperatures (down to -15°C (5°F)) provided that the surface is free from ice and other contamination. In such cases special care must be taken to avoid thick film application as this may lead to checking/crazing or solvent entrapment
- It should be clear that application at lower temperatures will require additional thinning to obtain application viscosity; however, this will affect the sag resistance of the applied coating and can induce solvent retention.Optimal curing and designed product properties will only be achieved when minimum required substrate temperature is reached
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for further surface preparation, mixing and application instructions or contact us for free technical advice.
- PPG Sigma Vikote 46
- PPG SigmaDur 550
- PPG SigmaDur 520
- PPG Sigmarine 40
- PPG Sigmacover 435
- PPG SigmaCover 456
- PPG Sigma Vikote 56
- PPG Sigmarine 48
Note: Compatible previous coat must be dry and free from any contamination.
Please contact us for further overcoating advice for PPG SigmaCover 456.
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 5 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5%
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434)
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.