Rust-Oleum Speed Screed
Rust-Oleum Speed Screed is a ‘self-levelling/self-smoothing’ pourable, durable and rapid way to smooth uneven, damaged or worn concrete floors.
Note: this product is only available in the UK.
Pack Size: 25 kg
Gloss Level: Matt
Rust-Oleum Speed Screed is designed for smoothing uneven, damaged or worn concrete floors. It is a pour on, durable resurfacing material.
Directions for Use
Priming: Two primers are supplied. Dampen areas of bare concrete with clean cold water and leave for 20 – 30 minutes prior to applying Primer 1. Apply Primer 1 to the prepared surface using a brush or soft broom. Apply the Primer evenly avoiding ‘ponding’ on the surface and allow it to dry. Then apply Primer 2.
Mixing: (immediately after Primer 2 has been applied) Pour the resin into the empty Speed Screed container. Add the powder to the liquid slowly and blend in using a slow speed electric drill fitted with a paint stirrer until a completely even colour and consistency is obtained (3 to 5 minutes).
- Rake / Trowel
Pour the mixed components onto the wet Primer 2. Use a trowel to spread the Speed Screed across the surface of the concrete at the desired thickness (it may be convenient to work to a thin batten but this must be removed before working further sections). It is not essential that trowel marks are removed at this stage.
Immediately after application a spiked roller should be used to even out the material and release any trapped air. Use the spiked roller quite vigorously rolling each area 3 or 4 times from different directions. The spiked roller should not be used for more than 20 minutes as the Speed Screed will have started to cure and the roller may leave marks.
If it is necessary to walk on areas of wet primer whilst applying Speed Screed care should be taken not to tread wet primer or Speed Screed onto surrounding surfaces.
Ambient temperature of approximately 15°C – 20°C and good ventilation. Lower temperatures will retard curing. Do not apply at less than 5°C. In exceptional temperature conditions advice should be obtained from our Technical Department. For further information and guidance on application, please contact us.
- Compressive Strength: 29 MN/m²
- Tensile Strength: 5.2 MN/m²
- Flexural Strength: 7.7 MN/m²
- Dry to Handle: 6 hours
- Fully Cured: 24-36 hours
- Pot Life: 20 minutes
- Shelf Life: 1 year from date of production in unopened cans, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5°C and 35°C
- Theoretical Consumption: As a guide, a 25 kg pack will cover 3.75 m² at 3 mm thickness, 2.25 m² at 5 mm thickness, 1.13 m² at 10 mm thickness
- Practical Consumption: Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application
Concrete should be free of loose material, soft surface laitance and contaminants. New concrete must be at least four weeks old. Remove all loose material by wire brushing. General dirt etc., should be removed with a strong neutral cleaner. Oil and grease can be removed with
Rust-Oleum ND14 Cleaner/Degreaser. Cracks in concrete should be raked out and all loose material removed.
Water will remove Speed Screed from tools and spillages providing that the product has not started to cure.
- The surface is inherently anti-slip in dry conditions
- When fully cured, Speed Screed can be cleaned with detergents or degreasers
- Do not subject to temperatures in excess of 60°C
- The surface may become stained by certain contaminants. We recommend painting Speed Screed if a more easily wiped clean finish is required
- Do not apply at less than 5°C. Temperatures over 25°C can make the material a little sticky to apply and lead to rapid drying out causing surface crazing
- During the curing process it is important to have a good ventilation
During the curing process it is important to have a good ventilation.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.