PPG SigmaCover 630
PPG SigmaCover 630 is a two-component, surface-tolerant, high-build polyamine-cured general purpose epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structure exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions.
Product Features and Benefits
- Epoxy mastic
- Surface tolerant coating for lower grade of steel preparation
- Particularly suited as maintenance coating for dry cargo holds, decks and hulls
- General-purpose epoxy buildcoat or finish in protective coating systems, for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Compatible with various aged coatings
- Overcoatable with most types of coatings
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals
- Good flexibility
- Colours: Green, Grey, Redbrown, Black, Aluminium
- Gloss level: Semi-gloss
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for further surface preparation, mixing and application instructions or contact us for free technical advice.
PPG SigmaCover 630 can be overrated with various two-component epoxy coatings or alkyds. Please contact us for suitable topcoats.
When overcoating with two-component epoxy coatings:
- Surface should be dry and free from any contamination.
- For polyurethane paints the minimum overcoating time should be raised with 100%
When overcoating with alkyds:
- After exceeding of the maximum interval, glossy finishes require a corresponding undercoat
- Surface should be dry and free from any contamination
- Best intercoat adhesion occurs when the subsequent coat is applied before the preceding coat
- If this time is exceeded it may be necessary to roughen the surface
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 5 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5%
- The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferably be above 15°C (59°F), otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity
- Adding too much thinner results in reduced sag resistance and slower cure
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434).
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.