PPG SigmaCover 2 (formerly Amerlock 2) is a two-component, high solids self-priming epoxy coating offering great adhesion, even at low temperatures to cement and steel substrates.
Easy to apply either by spray, brush or roller, SigmaCover 2 provides a semi-gloss finish.
Product Features and Benefits
- Low-temperature curing down to 0°C (32°F)
- High performance self priming universal epoxy
- High solids, low VOC
- Surface tolerant and abrasion resistant
- Compatible with prepared, damp surfaces
- Good adhesion on most existing coatings
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of chemicals
- London Underground approved: LUL cert 1329
- Meets NSF Standard 61 for tanks, pipes, valves and fittings (US manufacturing only)
- Proven coating as a bulk rail lining and DTM exterior coating
- Compatible with prepared damp surfaces
- Pot life 2 hours at 10°C
- Available in 4 litre units
- Available in the majority of RAL and BS colours
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
Steel surfaces should be mechanically cleaned. Concrete and cement bonded substrates must be hard, dry and free from laitance and contamination.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
Primers and Topcoats
PPG SigmaCover 2 is a self-priming product. However, the following primers are also suitable for use with PPG SigmaCover 2, direct to substrate:
- Dimetcoat Series
- Amercoat 68 Series
- Amerlock 2 / 400 Series
- SigmaZinc Series
- Amercoat Epoxies
- Sigma Epoxies
The following topcoats are recommended for use with PPG SigmaCover 2:
- Surface should be dry and free from any contamination
- A detergent wash with PREP 88, SIGMARITE 88 or equivalent is required prior to application of topcoats after 30 days of exposure
- If maximum recoat time has been exceeded, roughen surfaces
- Alkyd coatings and waterborne acrylic coatings should be applied after the film is dry to handle and not greater than three times dry to handle time
- Maximum recoating time is highly dependent upon actual surface temperature – not simply air temperatures. Sun-exposed or
otherwise heated surface will shorten the maximum recoat window
Click here to contact us to discuss other suitable primers/topcoats or for free technical advice.
Air Spray / Airless Spray:
- PPG Thinner 91-92 for global
- PPG Thinner 21-06 (Amercoat 65) for NSF/ANSI 61
- PPG Thinner 91-82 (Amercoat T10 for Non-NSF/ANSI 61 and < 90°F (32°C)
- PPG Thinner 21-25 (Amercoat 101) for Non-NSF/ANSI 61 and > 90°F (32°C)
Volume of Thinner
0 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
0 – 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and the relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free
technical advice – click here to contact us.