PPG SigmaCover 1500
This product has now been discontinued, please contact us for an alternative.
PPG SigmaCover 1500 is a two-component, surface-tolerant, solvent-free, polyamine-cured epoxy primer/coating designed for the long-term protection of steel structures.
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose primer/buildcoat for long-term protection of steel structures
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Compatible with various aged coatings, such as aged alkyd, epoxy and polyurethane
- Reduces explosion risk and fire hazard in confined spaces
- Good flow and wetting properties
- Can be used at temperatures above 5°C (41°F)
- Can be applied by roller
Method of Application
- Airless spray
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
The following topcoats are recommended for use with PPG SigmaCover 1500:
Surface should be dry and free from any contamination. Best intercoat adhesion occurs when the subsequent coat is applied before the fully cured stage is reached. If this time is exceeded the surface has to be roughened
No thinner should be added to SigmaCover 1500.
- For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets
- Although this is a solvent-free paint, care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
- Spray mist is not harmless, a fresh air mask and gloves should be used during spraying
- Ventilation should be provided in confined spaces to maintain good visibility
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.