PPG SigmaCover 400 Aluminium
PPG SigmaCover 400 Aluminium (Amerlock 400 AL) is a two-component, aluminium containing, high solids, low VOC epoxy coating suitable for a wide range of substrates and surface preparations.
Product Features and Benefits
- Aluminium containing surface tolerant maintenance coating
- Compatibility with a wide range of substrates and surface preparations
- High solids, low VOC
- Can be overcoated with a wide range of topcoats
- Good adhesion on most existing coatings
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of chemicals
- Colour: Aluminium
- Gloss level: Semi-gloss
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
When applying by brush, apply evenly using a clean, well-loaded brush. Application by brush or roller will provide approximately 80 μm (3.1 mils) DFT in a single-coat application.
Drying times are dependent on air and steel temperature, applied film thickness, ventilation and other environmental conditions.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions or contact us.
This product can be overcoated with itself or a number of polyurethanes. Please contact us for suitable topcoats for PPG SigmaCover 400 Aluminium.
Volume of Thinner
0 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
No extra thinner needed.
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details or contact us for free technical advice.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing
- This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.