PPG SigmaCover 410 LT is a two-component, high solids, high-build, polyamide cured epoxy coating for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions. Good drying and curing properties at low substrate temperature, down to –5°C (23°F).
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose epoxy buildcoat in protective coating systems, for steel and concrete structures exposed to atmospheric land or marine conditions
- Excellent durability
- Can be recoated with various two-component and conventional coatings, even after long weathering periods
- Easy application by airless spray
- Good drying and curing properties at low substrate temperature (down to –5°C (23°F))
- Colours: available in MIO and a selected range of colours
- Gloss level: Flat
Method of Application
- Airless spray
Substrate temperature during application and curing should be above -5°C (23°F).
Substrate temperature during application and curing should be at least 3°C (5°F) above dew point.
Ambient temperature during application at -5°C (23°F) is acceptable; however curing to hardness takes longer and complete cure will be reached when the temperature increases.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for full surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
This product has an unlimited overcoating interval provided the surface is free from chalking and other contaminations.
The optimum intercoat adhesion is obtained when the subsequent coating is applied before the full cure time of the previous coating has elapsed.
In cases of exposure to direct sunlight or when the surface is contaminated it is recommended that the surface be cleaned and roughened to ensure good adhesion of the subsequent coating.
Please contact us for suitable topcoats for PPG SigmaCover 410 LT.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 10%, 30 – 40% when mist coat applied.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5%
- Application by brush may show brush marking, due to the thixotropic nature of the paint and is most suitable to small areas, tight angle areas or for stripe coating or touch-up
- Application by roller will leave roller marking and is suitable for minimum DFT requirements only
- A roller suitable for epoxy application must be used
- The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should be above 10°C (50°F), otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity
- Adding too much thinner results in reduced sag resistance and slower cure
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434).
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.