This product has now been discontinued, please contact us for an alternative.
PPG SigmaCover 300 is a two-component, high-build, polyamine adduct-cured, anticorrosive coal tar epoxy coating.
Product Features and Benefits
- Outstanding (sea)water resistance (outside hull and ballast tanks)
- Outstanding water and crude oil resistance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Good resistance against chemically-polluted water
- Can be applied and cures at low temperatures (application possible down to –5°C (23°F), provided the substrate is free from ice)
- Good abrasion resistance
- Recognised corrosion control coating (Lloyd’s register)
- Resistant to well designed/controlled cathodic protection
- Colours: Black, brown
- Gloss level: Eggshell
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
- Brush/Roller (for touch-up and spot repair only)
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
Please contact us for suitable topcoats for PPG SigmaCover 300.
- Surface should be dry and free from any contamination
- When overcoated with other paints, tar bleeding will occur
- When overcoating work is to be carried out on coats thicker than 250 μm (10.0 mils) applied in one coat, the minimum overcoating interval must be extended as follows: 300 μm (12.0 mils), 2 times as long; 400 μm (16.0 mils), 3 times as long; 500 μm (20.0 mils), 4 times as long
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 91-79
Volume of Thinner: 5 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-79
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-79
Volume of Thinner: 0- 5%
Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434).
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.