PPG SigmaCover 456 HS is a two component high solids polyamide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure.
Product Features and Benefits
- General-purpose epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure
- Can be recoated with various two-component and conventional coatings, even after long weathering periods
- Free from lead- and chromate-containing pigments
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- Tough, with long-term flexibility
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Good adhesion to steel
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
- Colours: a wide range of colours available
- Gloss level: Eggshell
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for further surface preparation, mixing and application instructions or contact us for free technical advice.
Please contact us for products suitable for overcoating PPG SigmaCover 456 HS.
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 91-92
Volume of Thinner: 0 – 5%
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434).
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us